Thursday, April 1, 2010

Introduction to ImageArt

 
I have found many blogs and discussions that focus on abstract art. And believe me I'm a big fan of abstract art, but for the past 20 years I've been a painter of images.  In ImageArt we'll share discussions about the art and artists who give serious thought to images and imagery in their art - with all its implications - along with the formal, abstract and technical considerations. It is not my intention to separate art into segments. I think that most art contains abstract, formal, and even the subjective and connotative associations of imagery - it's a question of hierarchy and what takes precedence or drives creative choices. And while there is a wealth of discussion on abstract art in print and on the web there is a surprising lack of intelligent dialog about image based work. And so...

I will be introducing the reader to many artists, conducting interviews, and alerting you to various exhibitions. Additionally, there will be guest contributors /columns by other artists on subjects of their choosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment